Learning new skills is good for you, but, sometimes, all the time and effort required to do it just don’t seem worth it. Imagine if you could learn at your own pace, when and where you want? Thus, in recent years, there has been a growing trend of companies investing in corporate eLearning. eLearning is a type of educational technology that refers to the delivery of learning content and materials via electronic means so that you can study at your preferred location. eLearning can be delivered through the internet, intranet, or extranet and used in the form of courses, training programs, or learning content.
Additionally, eLearning offers a plethora of benefits to organizations such as it is cost-effective, flexible, and convenient and it also allows employees to learn at their own pace and in their own time. Further, eLearning can be easily customized to meet a company's specific needs.
Corporate eLearning is an umbrella term that covers all types of learning and development activities within a company. It includes everything from online courses and training to in-person training and development programs. Corporate eLearning is a growing trend in business nowadays as more companies are recognizing the benefits of using eLearning to train their employees.
Some of the areas where corporate eLearning can be used are as follows:
Corporate eLearning programs come in all shapes and sizes. Some are designed to train employees on specific topics, while others are more general in nature. Here are some of the most common types of corporate eLearning programs:
1. Corporate onboarding programs: These programs are designed to help new employees transition into their roles within a company. They typically cover topics such as company culture, values, and expectations.
2. Corporate compliance training: Many companies are required to provide their employees with compliance training on various topics, such as problems in the workplace or data security.
3. Corporate sales training: Sales teams often receive specialized training to help them close deals and improve their skills. This type of training can cover topics such as product knowledge, customer service, and effective selling techniques.
4. Corporate leadership development: Many companies offer leadership development programs to help high-potential employees take on greater responsibility within the organization. These programs can cover topics such as team building, conflict resolution, and public speaking.
5. Soft Skills Training: Soft skills are becoming increasingly important in the modern workplace. As a result, many companies offer training programs that cover topics such as communication, time management, and teamwork.
There are many reasons why companies invest in corporate eLearning. Here are 10 of the most important benefits:
1. Increased productivity: Corporate eLearning can help employees learn new skills and knowledge more quickly and efficiently than traditional classroom-based instruction. This can lead to increased productivity for the company as a whole.
2. Improved employee retention: Employees who have access to quality eLearning opportunities are more likely to stay with a company longer. This leads to reduced turnover and associated costs, such as the cost of recruiting and training new employees.
3. Greater flexibility: Corporate eLearning can be delivered anytime, anywhere, making it convenient for employees who have busy schedules or who work remotely. Corporate eLearning offers flexibility and convenience, which means employees can access training at a time and place that suits them. This is ideal for busy employees who may not have time to attend traditional training courses. Thus, a corporate eLearning solution is ideal for organizations with employees in different time zones or who work remotely.
4. Enhanced engagement and motivation: Online learning can be more engaging than traditional classroom instruction, which can lead to a better understanding of information and improved motivation levels among employees. Corporate eLearning can help to increase employee engagement and motivation as it can be more interactive and engaging than traditional face-to-face training.
5. Increased information retention: Employees are more likely to remember what they have learned when they are actively engaged in the learning process. This is one of the key advantages of corporate eLearning as it helps employees to better retain information and apply it in their work. Additionally, learners can review content multiple times if needed to ensure they retain the information.
6. Cost savings: Corporate eLearning can help a company save money on travel and accommodation costs when compared with traditional training methods; especially, when training large numbers of employees. The cost of lost productivity while employees are away from work attending training sessions also turns out to be a saving for a company. Additionally, eLearning can be easily scaled up or down to meet the needs of a company, making it a very efficient way to train employees.
7. Increased reach: With corporate eLearning, companies can train employees in different locations at once. Employees can access the training content from any device with an internet connection, and the organization can track employee progress and performance.
8. Continuous knowledge upgradation for improved job performance: Corporate eLearning can help to promote a culture of lifelong learning within an organization. Employees who have access to eLearning opportunities are more likely to stay up to date on industry trends and developments. This knowledge can be used to improve job performance and contribute to organizational success.
9. Improve talent management strategies: Corporate eLearning can help organizations to improve their talent management strategies. By providing access to high-quality learning content and materials to employees, organizations can get into the process of building top talents, which would improve a company’s growth prospects.
10. Corporate eLearning can facilitate compliance with regulatory requirements: Organizations that provide employees with access to eLearning resources can ensure that they are up to date on industry regulations.
VK Creative Learning (VKCL) has created many corporate eLearning courses for training programs for different industries. It creates corporate eLearning solutions in such a way that it helps the learners to imbibe the core values of an organization. The company has a team of experienced instructional designers, content developers, and visual designers who work together to create custom eLearning solutions that are aligned with the client's organizational goals. To know more about our corporate eLearning solution, you can click here.